Information Needed Prior to Your Appointment
For your appointment, you will need the following:
- Your insurance card
- Picture ID, such as license, military ID, etc.
- A referral if you participate in an HMO that requires referrals. If your Primary Care Provider will fax the referral, please call our office at 314-842-2100 prior to your appointment to confirm that the referral has been received. Some offices require that you pick up the original referral, please check with your provider regarding their policy. Failure to obtain a referral may result in your appointment being rescheduled.
- Any FILMS such as X-Ray, MRI, Myelogram, CT scans, discograms, etc. The reports can be faxed to our office at 314-843-0164. Films cannot be faxed and must be available at the time of your appointment. If the films are not available for Dr. Kitchens to review at the time of your appointment, the appointment will need to be rescheduled. CDs are acceptable. If you have been told that the films will be sent to our office, please call our office at 314-842-2100 prior to your appointment to make sure we have received your films.
- Reports of any diagnostic studies such as EMG/NCV’s and evaluations by another specialist. You can either bring a copy of the report or have your doctor’s office fax it to us at 314-853-0164.
- Co-pays are due at the time of the appointment.
- Authorization for the appointment. If you are seeing the physician for a problem that resulted from an injury sustained at work, please provide us with the insurance information prior to the appointment so that we may obtain authorization for treatment. Authorization must be obtained prior to the appointment. Failure to obtain authorization will result in your appointment being rescheduled. If you are being treated for a work injury and if an appointment has been authorized, changes in your appointment will require approval by your case manager.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the office at 314-842-2100.